Coed-y-lan Primary School, Mid Glamorgan

| October 20, 2008 | 9 Comments

The rain could not dampen the warm welcome we were given as we arrived at Coed-y-lan Primary School, Pontypridd today.

We travel through many different landscapes but find quite a few coincidences and links which remind us that it is a small world (I wouldn’t like to have to paint it though!!).

For example, as we arrived this morning the song ‘I can see clearly now the rain has gone’ was playing on Radio 2 (yes, I know we’re boring old f@rts) whilst headteacher, Robert James, (himself an ICT bod) walked towards us bearing a huge umbrella. The song lyrics were on display in the music room where we had lunch.

An even larger coincidence occurred whilst we were in Cyprus the week before last. We had been talking about our up coming schedule and our visit to South Wales today. As we came to a junction in the road we were greeted by a poster announcing a concert by The Pontypridd Male Voice Choir! Guess which song was part of their repertoire on that evening?

A big THANK YOU to Robert, his staff and visiting colleagues.

1. laura davies says:

A huge thank you to Tim and Sarah for today. I have finished the day feeling inspired and ready to go with a huge bank of ideas for writing and oracy in my classroom. I thought the way Tim modelled the techniques was brilliant and will be experimenting with the different methods with my children. I thoroughly enjoyed taking part in the activities and know my children will too. Thanks and keep up the good work : )

2. Jodie Vaughan says:

Great ideas !! Can’t wait to use them with the class. The children will be so excited, and it will really stretch their imagination!

3. Laura Dodd says:

Had an excellent day, with lots of useful ideas to use! we are all looking forward to Thursday to see it all in action!

4. Judith says:

Great day. It was really interesting and inspiring. I can’t wait to try some of the ideas with the children in class, and read the website in more detail to get inspired even more.

5. Angela says:

An interesting day. Lots of lovely ideas to use in the classroom. Can’t wait to start using them.

6. Andrea Grainger says:

Great day very informative with great ideas. Can’t wait to go home and play with the game. Great ideas for the classroom particularly the power point but I need more practice – another inset maybe.Thankyou.

7. Huw says:

Wealth of new and fresh ideas. I’m sure the pupils and myself will find it fascinating over the next term or so as we use some ideas and software. Confident that it will enrich the pupils writing.

8. Sian Davies says:

I learnt about many on-line resources that I wasn’t aware of before and it was good to talk about the ways in which we could use some of these techniques with current classroom projects that we are doing with Year 1 and 2. The sound effects could be used to enhance an art project that we are in currently in the middle of as part of the ‘Take one Picture’ art curriculum. A very enjoyable day but I did get a bit lost with some of the technical jargon this afternoon!
    Thanks for a great session.

9. Robert James says:

A very big thank you to Tim and Sarah for an inspiring day. I can’t wait to see the smile on the children’s faces and the truly creative writing that I know will be produced when Tim teaches them on Thursday.There were so many ideas today that will keep us busy trying them out for a long while. For teachers at the start of their career ( and those of us at the pine end) today will be the best quality CPD we’ll ever have.