Severndale Specialist School, Shropshire II

| February 11, 2010 | 10 Comments

Following the remarkable day we had working with the pupils of Severndale Specialist School, we had the pleasure of working with their specialist teachers today.

The schools has over 200 staff! There were many training opportunities on offer today.
In our session, we looked at many (probably too many 🙂 ) different ways of using ICT to inspire students of many ages and abilities.
The school has a lot of technology, used in many different ways. This includes an OptiMusic system, a great way to interact, physically, with sounds, triggering them as you break a sound beam.
We looked, as well, at using Wii games to stimulate discussion and interaction.
A challenging day, full of laughter and smiles. Thank you all for a thoroughly enjoyable pair of days in your remarkable school.
Keep up the good work.
We enjoyed a good stay at a delightful B&B called Caer Urfa. Thank you Tom and Dawn for your hospitality.

1. Sarah Russell says:

Thank you Tim, the group session was super it was a real pleasure to see the children so animated and excited by the magical world of Myst! The staff training day was excellent, I have come away with so many exciting ideas and can’t wait to get the children back into class to share everything with them. You were inspiring!

2. Tish Hargreaves says:

Wow! What an amazing day. Thank you so much. So many ideas and so much fun. It’s rare to feel so inspired after a training day. Can’t wait to try some of these ideas out in the classroom. Please come and see us again!

3. blog says:

Thankyou.We’d love to. 🙂

4. Claire Murless says:

What a fantastic couple of days. Tim was a huge inspiration to the children, who came up with some fabulous ideas in his session. As for me, I can’t wait to get into class to start using some of the many, many ideas that he shared!!!

Thank you for the fun and inspiration!!!
    x

5. Alison Smith says:

A very inspiring day, that was very well delivered, thank you so much. I’m just a little annoyed that yet again I’ve been inspired just before I go on maternity leave, so I hope I remember it all for when I return.

6. Kim Davison says:

A really interesting day! I have loads of brilliant ideas to get cracking with after half term. I know my class of boisterous boys will love all the things we looked at during the day!

7. Liz Stockbridge says:

Thanks Tim and Sarah for lots of useful ideas to try out with my class. Am looking forward to taking the children to explore the beach next half term! I have used your Powerpoint tips already and am so excited that the children will be able to write in a white box without looking at all the gubbins behind the scenes for the first time! My only criticism of the day was that the virtual rollercoaster was so realistic that I had to pull my car over to be sick on the way home!! Totally satisfying and inspiring day!

8. blog says:

Ooops! Sorry about the reality of the virtual reality! 🙂 At least you didn’t fall of the back of the rolleroaster eh?
    Glad you enjoyed the day
    Keep up the creativity.
    Regards
    Tim

9. Liz Stockbridge says:

Thanks Tim! Yes very glad I didn’t fall off the back of the coaster! Feeling much better now! Currently working on my planning amendments adding in more of your inspirational material! Thanks again.

10. Vicky Bates says:

Hi Tim, just a quick update i’ve used the rollercoaster extract in my class and they loved it, we used it to do a piece of writing on emotions. I know the science teacher will has used Myst as he is looking at dinosaurs (he used the bones part!)
    Thanks again for an inspiring day