Hutton CE Primary School, North Somerset

| September 2, 2011 | 7 Comments

What a lovely way to start this academic year with a local school and a short trip through the Somerset countryside, to Hutton CE Primary School,

Thank you to Helen Howe, for recording her thoughts on today:

Today at Hutton CE Primary School, we were invited – enticed even – by Tim and Sarah to explore unknown worlds and technology as a stimulus to develop speaking and listening, and writing skills. There was a plethora of inspirational ideas to use with children of all ages.

Tim had us laughing within seconds, a great energising start to the new academic year.  He is so animated you can’t help but join in.  We travelled with Tim on a fabulous journey through imaginary worlds using games.  One colleague remarked that he had our imaginations moving so fast we almost had to run to keep up with him.

Sarah introduced us to ICT applications such as Gadwin, Crazytalk6 and multimodal writing frames. Goodbye boring PowerPoints!  Then Tim took us on a whirlwind tour of a massive array of applications to use in class. There are so many wonderful programs to use with pupils.

Children need to love what they are doing to be truly successful in their learning – so do teachers – and today Tim and Sarah showed us so many ways to excite and inspire the children to learn. The challenge will be to pick which of the ideas to explore first! I have come away brimming with enthusiasm and thoroughly motivated for the new school year. At Hutton CE Primary, we now know the secret of the tantalising ‘Locked Page!’

Thank you Tim and Sarah – a brilliant day!

Thank you Helen. Thank you too, to Luci Amos, head teacher, and her colleagues, for a day full of laughter and smiles.

(We’d also like to thank Peter Barrington, for permission to use his photograph of the school, which is to be found on this Geograph page. (as in the previous post). Peter also runs the Hutton Parish website).

1. Jane says:

A fantastic day! A big thank you to Tim and Sarah for a truly inspiring day. I cannot wait to see the children’s faces when we begin to use these ideas in the classroom- a wonderful way to inspire and motivate.
    Many, many thanks.

Thank you Jane and we’re glad you found it useful. We had a great day – sunshine, smiles and laughter. A lovely way to start the new year. Have fun!

3. Jenny says:

I have already began to implement ideas from the days learning. I have create 2 new presentations which include the type in boxes, printscreen pictures and a wordle. I was even inspired to write during the day myself and ended up with 6 sides of notes. I am sure my class will love the new ideas. Thank you for a great way to start the new school year!

Thank you for this lovely feedback Jenny and well done!
    I would love to see those notes some time :-D
    Keep in touch

5. Laura says:

Wow! ICT to inspire is definitely the right title! Tim & Sarah made the day so fun and entertaining that it was impossible not to feel inspired by everything that we saw and tried out. I will always be thankful for being introduced to Gadwin – how have I not heard of this before?!?

A really useful Inset day! Thanks!

6. Rachel says:

What a great way to start the new school year! Thank you Tim and Sarah for a truly inspiring day. I am looking forward to using these new ideas with my Year 4 class this year.I have even introduced some of the websites you showed us to my 9 year old son at home and he is already hooked on The isle of tunes site. Thank you.

7. Rachel says:

I really enjoyed the inset; a truely inspiring day.

I have already started to plan Myst into my planning for this term and also I have started to think about how I can use it across the rest of the year.

Thank you for all of the ICT resources to provided us with; I have already started to play around with the multimodal writing frames.

Thank you for such a great day!
    Rachel and Class 5

P.S. We are making our own wordles on Tuesday!