Westover Primary School, Portsmouth ~ Day 2

| September 20, 2013 | 8 Comments

Our second day at Westover Primary School, today an INSET with the teaching staff and visiting colleagues from Fernhurst Junior, Meredith Infant, St Georges Primary ,Wimborne Junior , Copnor JuniorSt John’s Cathedral Catholic Primary School, Arundal Court Primary,  Court Lane Junior School and Cottage Grove Primary.

Thank you Annie Gunthorpe, headteacher of Westover Primary School, for giving her reasons for inviting us to her school:

ICT to Inspire – and it did!  I have been fortunate to have been a recipient of Tim’s dynamic CPD style on several occasions in recent years.  The first ever experience was at BETT, the second at our Portsmouth Headteacher Conference last term.  To see Tim and Sarah in action is an unforgettable experience and something akin to renewing your vows – we all know that you have to excite pupils to enable them to engage and enjoy their learning – Tim not only reminds you of this underlying essential ingredient but also arms you with a wealth of ideas and tools to achieve it.  We all came into teaching to make a difference – Tim’s CPD does

WoW! Thanks, indeed, Annie, for two thoroughly enjoyable days, with your colleagues and children. We are so looking forward to finding out about what you try first, and how things go. Two fast paced days of fun. Thanks.

1. Neal Willis says:

WOW! My head is still spinning with all the great ideas and software you showed us today! Can’t wait to inspire the children in my school with taggalaxy and active powerpoint displays. Thank you again for a great two days!

2. Inspirational as always Tim. Great to watch you in action again. You always give me new ideas about how to use new tools that I didn’t know about and new ideas about old tools too. Thanks and enjoy Budapest.

Thanks Simon
    Thanks, too, for your great input on the computing side
    See you again soon, we’re sure

Thanks again Neal
    Thanks for your superb in put to the day too, you star

5. Charlotte Minton says:

Thank you for such an inspirational day! I came with the desire to rejuvenate ICT within my school and I was feeling a little apprehensive about this challenge. Within minutes my writing pad was full of tangible ideas and by the end of the day I not only felt more confident but excited again. My 9 year old daughter became my guinea pig straightaway and she has just finished her numeracy homework using PuppetPals. The puppet show explains the compact method with handmade backgrounds and characters. I haven’t seen her this excited about homework in a long time and it was wonderful to watch. Thank you again

Great to hear that you found the day useful
    Nice to hear about the PuppetPals homework
    We’d love to see anything you try and hear how you get on
    Keep in touch
    Sarah and Tim

7. Annie Gunthorpe says:

A very emotional first day with you weaving your magic Tim. To see some of my most reluctant writers relishing the opportunity to express their thoughts and ideas on paper – the photos speak for themselves. Followed by an inspirational second day of ideas and tools to enthuse our teachers and pupils. I am so looking forward to seeing our talking guinea pigs!!! Thank you for such a lively, fun two days of high quality CPD.

A special couple of days
    As head, you have a right to be very proud of your school, and all within it
    We so look forward to finding out what you try first
    AND… we would love to see the talking guinea pigs 😀