Hope University, Liverpool ~ Day 2

| October 3, 2013 | 65 Comments

The second day of our return visit to Liverpool Hope University, for lessons (and training) with, in the morning the Year 2 pupils from Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Primary School and 4th Year student teachers, and in the afternoon with the Year 5 pupils.

It is so valuable to work alongside students heading off in to the world of education. One of the most rewarding ways to spend your working days. Teaching is a hard path, in many respects, on many occasions. Hours of extra preparation, planning and reflection. But, as Confucius said: “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”.

Our aim, on these two days at the University, is to share tools, and techniques, that will add even more sparkle, magic and effective methods of bringing learning alive, to the toolkit that travels with them in their careers.

“The Locked Page” contains many of the aspects we cover on full training days. Some are very keen to be allowed withing its hallowed pages. However, there is more out side The Locked Page, than inside it. The world of the web opens wonderful opportunities for creation, collaboration, and cooperation. We investigated some of the power, and potential, of games based learning, and a gallery of Web2.0 tools which can be dipped in to during teaching, and learning, sessions across the curriculum.

1. Michelle Ryan says:

A great day full of useful resources and tips that will definitely be transferred into my own learning environment. The power of image and suspense was truly amazing and having the pupils there made the experience all the more enjoyable.
    Thank you so much for all your hard work and effort Tim and Sarah, I had a great day.

2. Seamus says:

Thanks for a wonderful afternoon, i learnt a lot and will definitely pinch some stuff for my practice in school, many thanks.

3. Grainne says:

Thanks for a brilliant and really interesting day. I learned so many different teaching ideas from just the short space of time working with you and the children.

4. Tom Gill says:

Great workshop which provided me with lots of useful ideas for my future practice.
    Cheers!!

5. Beth Street says:

Thanks Tim and Sarah, for a brilliant day. The sessions were packed full of practical hints and tips throughout, with little demonstrations of excellent tools for helping encourage children to talk. The use of ICT was amazing, and I now feel more confident to try some of the ideas out when I am back in the classroom.
    Thanks again!

6. Emily says:

Thank you Tim and Sarah, I thought the session was brilliant and left me with some very useful ideas to use in the classroom on my future placement!

7. Heather Sweeney says:

Thank you for a great morning! I learnt lots of new tips to keep the children engaged and to extend their thinking and writing.

8. Veronica says:

Dear Tim and Sarah
    It was so lovely to see you again at Liverpool Hope University. Your sessions are a highlight of our year. The children and our student teachers share a wonderful experience; you just breathe life into literacy for us all.

9. Cathryn Magee says:

I had an amazing day, I’ve learn’t so many techniques I can bring into the classroom. Thanks.

10. Sarah says:

And lovely to see you again and your special way with everyone. We are very much looking forward to returning again. Best wishes, Sarah and Tim

11. Amy Morgan says:

The session was fantastic, I feel I have gained lots of useful tips for the classroom. Thank you!!

12. Zoya says:

Thanks so much Tim and Sarah for your input on Thursday morning. It gave me so many ideas for both literacy and behaviour management!

13. Rebecca says:

Thank you for a wonderful session, can not wait to bring some of the things from the workshop into the classroom.

14. Sarah says:

Inspiring and fun! Thanks for a great afternoon Tim and Sarah, I can’t wait to get using some of these fantastic resources in the classroom.

15. Hannah says:

Such a wonderful inspiring afternoon. Thank you! I can’t wait to take your ideas into school with me.