Wroughton Junior School, Wiltshire ~ Day 2

| February 14, 2014 | 9 Comments

A joyous, full on, day at Wroughton Junior School, Wroughton, near Swindon with the staff and visiting colleagues.

Thank you to Head Teacher Sue Cox, and her colleagues and visitors, for a full on, fast paced, exploration of a deluge of digital delights.

This is a school that are well versed in the art of words, and words of art. The teachers, and children, are creative souls, well used to picking up ideas, and juggling them. The school is full of wondrous displays, intriguing objects, enticing questions, and fascinating artifacts. The library is called The Ministry Of Words, and features mysterious glass jars, as story and thinking starters. Joyous. Thanks all. A fantastic two days.

1. Rosie Thurston says:

Thank you for a brilliant day. Lots of resources to look at over half term and use next term! 🙂

2. Michelle Lewis says:

Brilliant day! I have learnt so much.

So many fantastic internet based resources that I will definitely be using in my classroom. Can’t wait. I think my favourite so far is Tagxedo…but I am sure there will be many more.

Thank you so much.

3. Lucy Smith says:

Fantastic! Cheers guys for two creative and inspiring days. I will never forget how you managed to make Year 4 children desperate to write on a Thursday afternoon after they had already tackled a literacy lesson, writing a re-orientation, and a newspaper Big Write in the morning. Remarkable!

4. Sarah Wilson says:

Anyone who knows me would be surprised that I did not fake a sudden illness knowing that I had a whole day of ICT to endure. ICT2inspire-that it did! If anyone wants the proof, then look at my face sitting in front of a laptop!
    Thank you Tim ans Sarah. I am looking forward to trying so many of tools that were shown to us and explained in a way that meant I am not scared to have a go. Even me!

I am truly inspired .

Thank you.

5. Andrew says:

Thanks for a fantastic day, truly inspirational! Glad I’ve got a bit of time to take it all in now though. Looking forward to trying out that green screen stuff on the Mac. I wonder how Myst runs on the iPad…

6. Paul says:

Thank you for such a fantastic day! The information shared with us and suggested websites and software will definitely have a positive impact on my use of tech within the classroom.

Today made me completely re-evaluate Myst, something I had played years ago, and consider its use in relation to Talk 4 Writing in the classroom. I have just purchased a copy online and can’t wait to explore and investigate with my Year 3 class. I have a feeling that it’s going to be a really successful learning tool (as well as being a lot of fun!).

I’d also like to say a big thank you to Wroughton Junior School who were excellent hosts of the event.

A successful day, thanks once again!

7. Sue Cox says:

The best teaching and learning launches us forward from all our prior experiences. You did that today.
    Dear Tim and Sarah, a final thank you for reminding us what we are capable of and showing us multiple paths into the future.

8. Orla Double says:

A great end to the term which has left me with lots to explore and think about over the holiday! So many new websites and software packages to draw upon in my teaching but also new ways to use old software like PowerPoint.

Thank you for a brilliant day!

9. Alexia Davison says:

An amazing couple of days, very inspiring. Thank you.