Newton-le-Willows Primary, St Helens ~ Day 2

| June 20, 2014 | 7 Comments

Newton le Willows Primary School

Newton-Le-Willows Primary SchoolOur second day at Newton-le-Willows Primary, St Helens.

Today, we went all digital, and splattered the staff and visiting colleagues, with a vast amount of, mostly free, ways to bring their curriculum even more alive. Joining us were colleagues from : Garswood Primary, St John Vianney Catholic Primary Haringey,  Robins Lane Primary,  St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary, Newfold Community Primary and Eaves Primary.

Thank you to Nicola Ryan, Literacy Co-ordinator, for organising our visit, and sharing these thoughts:

Nicola Ryan‘We are very large school with an extremely varied intake of children from all kinds of exciting backgrounds. One thing we all have in common is our love of ICT, however, we do not feel that we are using our ICT facitlities to the best of their potential.

As teachers we want to become more creative and imaginative in our approach to teaching and learning. We are also hoping to work well and share good practive with colleages from neighbouring schools. We envisage ourselves, in a few years time, to be incorporating 21st Centrury ICT and mobile technologies (not just SMART and Bee Bots!) into many of our lessons and making learning fun and exciting.’

1. Christina Day says:

WOW! What can I say but amazing. Shame it’s the weekend because I can’t wait to show my class back at school. I have been INSPIRED by Sarah and Tim and I know the children will be by the resources.

Thank you so much!
    Christina

2. Amy says:

A fantastic two days full of brilliant ideas! I can’t wait to get back in to class and try some of them out! Definitely got a summer of exploring ahead of me!

3. Annalisa Holt & Lisa Henthorn says:

Thank you so much to Tim and Sarah for a fantastic day at Newton Le Willows Primary School! We have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and been completely inspired! We can’t wait to get back to school and spread the inspiration to our colleagues and most importantly our children!!!!!

4. Katie Barker says:

Wow! Two very inspiring days! I’ve come home buzzing waiting to try out all these fabulous ideas.
    Thank you Tim and Sarah!
    😊👍

5. Laura Meehan says:

Two fantastic days. Thank you Tim and Sarah for some absolutely amazing ideas to use in the classroom. Loved how you catered for all years from eyfs to year 6. I can’t wait to get into school and try some of these things out.

6. Michael Cain says:

This was one of those rare days that really make you take stock as a teacher. Tim and Sarah are clearly passionate about giving school children the high quality learning experiences they deserve. I love how their ideas get children wanting to write and loving it. Many thanks to you both and good luck for the future.

7. Liz says:

Two truly inspiring and jam packed days! I can’t wait to try out these ideas and resources with my children. I know that they are going to love them and I am excited to see the impact they will have on their creativity and writing.