Foundation Phase Training, Ysgol Glan Gele Infant School, Conwy

| November 12, 2014 | 11 Comments

Foundation Phase Training Ysgol Glan Gele Infant School Conwy

Ysgol Glan GeleA Foundation Phase Training Day at Ysgol Glan Gele Infant School, Abergele, Conwy. A morning with children and colleagues and then an afternoon with just the adults.

Thank you to Lynne Jones Foundation Phase Training and Support Officer and Julia Buckley Jones, Headteacher of Ysgol Glan Gele Infant School for coordinating today’s event.

Thank you to Lynne Jones for sharing these thoughts:

The Welsh Government has a clear, coherent vision for education in Wales. We must give our children a solid foundation in the Foundation Phase, from aged 3 to 7.

“Giving our children the tools today to build tomorrow’s future.”

We are looking forward in Conwy for Tim Rylands to work with the Year 2 pupils at Ysgol Babanod Glan Gele to fire their imagination and inspire creativity for an exciting Literacy experience.

Currently using ‘Book Creator’ and ‘Poplets’ naming but a few of Ysgol Glan Gele’s IT tools, the staff and pupils are engaged by learning that develop, stretch and excites their imagination. Tim’s wealth of ideas will progress them further on their continued journey of learning.

‘Happy and secure as we learn together.’

In the Foundation Phase, (the statutory curriculum for all 3 to 7 year old children in Wales in both maintained and non-maintained settings) children are challenged with open-ended questions and given opportunities to explore and share their ideas for solving problems.

The curriculum has a focus on learning from experiences, active involvement and developing each child’s:

• creative, expressive and observational skills to encourage their development as individuals
  • personal, social, emotional, physical and intellectual well being to develop the whole child
  • positive attitudes to learning so that they enjoy it and want to continue
  • self-esteem and self-confidence to experiment, investigate, learn new things and form new relationships
  • activities in the outdoors where they have first-hand experience of solving real-life problems and learn about conservation and sustainability.

So, we had some digital, and analog, fun today, looking at ways of motivating, and engaging, children through creativity, indoors, and out.

1. Wendy Williams says:

A brilliant day with fantastic ideas. Looking forward to trying some of the ideas with my class!
    Diolch yn fawr

2. Lynne Jones says:

A truly inspirational day. Thank you Tim and Sarah for a wealth of ideas and for opening my eyes and ears to the endless possibilities of using ICT to engage children in extended writing. Diolch yn fawr iawn.

3. Sabrina says:

Thank you for a very inspiring day! Got so many new ideas! 🙂

4. Natalie Williams says:

Thank you for a hugely inspirational day. The morning session with the children reminded me how important it is to have an exciting stimulus to write and how much fun it can be. Thank you Tim and Sarah for giving me a million things I can’t wait to try out! I’m sure my Year 2 class will thank you too!

5. Natalie Williams says:

Thank you for a fantastic day. I am definitely inspired! The morning session with the children reminded me how important it is to have an exciting stimulus to write and how much fun it can be. Thank you Tim and Sarah for giving me a million things I can’t wait to try out! I’m sure my Year 2 class will thank you too!

6. Becky Thompson says:

An outstanding ICT course, delivered with such enthusiasm. I have never been so inspired to move forward with digital learning. So many ideas shared – all will be of use with the pupils I teach. I can’t wait to engage and excite my pupils using some of these digital resources. Thank you so much Tim and Sarah!

Thank you ALL for your very thoughtful feedback
    Keep in touch, as we would love to find out what you try first, and how you get on
    Tim and Sarah

8. Sarah Davies says:

What an amazing, inspiring day. Fabulous ICT ideas to explore and I am just making my own ideas on Tag Galaxy. I was so proud of the children they were truly the stars of today (obviously with support from Tim and Sarah!)

9. Reanna Williams (Tigers Class) says:

I loved it very much. I enjoyed writing my own story. The man was very
    Funny. Fabulous ICT work. I loved Sarah’s walk through the tunnel.
    The teachers were very funny.
    Reanna

We loved our day and you’re right, Sarah enjoyed walking cautiously
    Well done
    Tim and Sarah

11. Alana. Bears class says:

Thank you for coming in and reading us a story.