Training Day @ Inspire 2 Learn, Middlesbrough

| February 5, 2015 | 9 Comments

Inspire 2 Learn

Another, full on, day at the Inspire 2 Learn Centre, in Eston Civic & Learning Centre, in Middlesbrough. Speanding time with use today were colleagues from Acklam Whin Primary, Ayresome Primary, Brambles Primary, Chaloner Primary, Dormanstown Primary, Grangetown Primary, Green Gates Primary, Handale Primary, Hillsview Academy, Kirkleatham Hall School, KTS Academy, Lingdale Primary, New Marske Primary, Ormesbry Primary, Overfields Primary, Pallister Park Academy, Redcar Academy, Riverdale Primary, Saltburn Learning Campus, St Paulinus RC Primary, St Augustine’s RC Primary and St Peter’s CE Primary,

Thank you to Andrew Stogdale, Manager/Learning and teaching consultant at the Inspire 2 Learn Centre for sharing these thoughts:

When Inspire2Learn staff work with schools it is usually little and often, on a needs basis. Teachers developing their practice through reassurance and support as and when they feel they need it. Unfortunately Tim and Sarah are busy people, so on Thursday they took some of their favourite ideas and enveloped delegates in the possibilities that they offer, all in one day!

Although Tim and Sarah are often regarded as ‘ICT people” (they are not Androids; or an iOS for that matter!) at I2L we appreciate their teacher craft. Yes, each delegate will leave with a zillion ideas that they could be using, from the web. However, the reason we continually ask them to come and engage with our teachers is that they exude the craft of teaching. Tim and Sarah are role models for how to engage students, not just through a clever bit of tech, but through developing ideas and getting the students themselves to take the lead. I2L receives excellent feedback from all of the schools that we work with both at the centre and in the classroom, engaging with Tim and Sarah, and giving our teachers access to them fits that ethos perfectly.​

1. Joanne says:

A fantastic day! Inspirational! So many ideas to take back to school that I know my class will love. Can’t wait to get back to school. Thank you.

2. Kyra Skeoch says:

Totally inspired, amazing resources. Looking forward to
    transferring these to the classroom.
    Best CPD so far

Thanks
    Kyra

3. Carolyn says:

What a fantastic day! I can’t wait to get back and try out some of these ideas (and share them with colleagues).

4. Lesley says:

Wow! Got such a lot of great ideas, going to spend the weeking playing then my Reception class will be playing alongside me next week! Huge thanks for all your inspiration. 🙂

5. Dinah says:

Great day, many thanks for so so so so many fabulous ideas to inspire me to inspire my children. Hope I can do some of them justice!

6. Kate Limbert says:

A great day! Loads of great resources and ideas to take back for staff and children. I can’t wait to try some of the new things I have learned with the children. I know they will be motivated and inspired. Thank you.

7. Monica Wheater says:

HI Tim and Sarah
    What a fantastic day! I have thoroughly enjoyed today and will take a lot away with me to use with my brilliant Y5 class. We have just got a class set of ipads and are raring to use them so all the resources shown today will be enthusiastically investigated.

8. Amy says:

A fantastic days training, delivered at warp speed! So many ideas to use with children to inspire them in their learning. Thank you!

9. Peter says:

A great day, an inspirational speaker! So many wonderful resources, the only problem is which to try out first!