Bath Spa University, Bath

| February 19, 2016 | 9 Comments

Bath Spa University

A return visit to trip to Bath Spa University to work with their Primary and Early Years PGCE trainees.

Thanks to Emma Asprey, Senior Lecturer, at the School of Education for inviting us to the university, to spend precious time with her students,

Thanks to Emma for her thoughts: We were very pleased to welcome Tim and Sarah back to Bath Spa University to mark the halfway point in the PGCE programme and provide some extra magic and inspiration to our trainees as they embark on their final placements. It was such a treat to be immersed in Timโ€™s playful and imaginative world of learning. Staff and trainees enjoyed learning together, having fun and exploring their own creativity in a unique blend of virtual and very real experiences. Weโ€™re thrilled that so many children will benefit from these ideas being brought into classrooms to enrich their learning.

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 16

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 14

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 11

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 12

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 18

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 15

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 19

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 20

Bath Spa AM Screenshot 13

Encouraging confidence, and creativity, in children of all ages and abilities, CAN help them achieve

Analog principles are vital to make digital tools effective Energy, in some ways, is even more valuable than the books, pencils, and technology in our rooms. Itโ€™s about ethos, character and atmosphere. This energy starts with one individual in every classroom: the teacher. It is always good to remember, though easily forgotten, to show our classes we are glad to see them, and also show them how happy we are to be there, excited by what is going to happen, or could happen, if they join us. How important it is to greet your pupils as they arrive. Meet them smiling. Smile as much as possible during the session too. Then, and this is essential: Say farewell to every one of them, as they leave, past you, at the door, perhaps with a handshake. At least, with a smile. This can build a real positive confidence in a child: “Whatever I didn’t get, didn’t understand – whatever I became frustrated with, whatever I lost my patience with – whatever mistakes I made, my teacher STILL THINKS I’M ALRIGHT and TOMORROW WILL BE O.K”.

1. Stephanie says:

Thank you for such an inspiring lecture. What wonderful websites, apps and games to bring learning to life! Your story telling was amazing ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. Briannie Faull says:

A very inspirational talk, thank you so much for all your ideas and tips, many I would never have dreamed of using before. I can’t wait to put them into practice! Thank you!

3. Catharine says:

Such m great session with loads of great ideas how to make a difference to pupils’ progress in the classroom.

4. Tom says:

Really enjoyable and informative session!

5. Ben says:

Thank you so much for the session this morning. I discovered so many resources and ideas that I had never even considered, and can’t wait to apply these to my teaching.

6. Wendy says:

How exciting! Can’t wait to try some of these in the classroom.

7. Tanisha says:

From the beginning, such captivating and inspirational ideas! Thank you for your passion – hope the whole world can continue to see educational creativities as such as much as i hope to manifest some in my own practice ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Hannah Bodman says:

Thank you both for such an inspirational seminar. I have been telling people about it over the weekend (I was at a wedding with lots of other teachers!), all were very interested to find out more and so I have signposted them onto your website. I am looking forward to getting started in my new placement school to try out some of the fantastic ideas you showed us. Particularly love the ‘interactive world’ type programs – these will be so much fun to use with the children.

Thank you again!

9. Hollie says:

Simply the best lecture of our training so far! As soon as I stepped in the lecture hall and heard the music playing and the fun animations up on the screen I knew I would be in for a treat and I was right – it was such an immersive experience! It made me feel like a child again, excited by all the weird and wonderful ICT sites you showed us! I can’t wait to put some of your ideas to good use -thank you ๐Ÿ™‚